Do you have your Prime Day shopping list ready?
Prime Day is coming up! (Insert Kermit flail here) This is one of, if not the biggest sale of the year for Amazon. It’s a great time to score some deals at Amazon. If it’s in your budget this year, you should mark this event on your calendar and get ready for some savings on all kinds of things.
Since a big focus of my blog is personal budgets, and since this is the switch over to a new month, I recommend budgeting for this sale in your July budget – provided you have the room in your budget. This doesn’t need to be its own line item, but it could very well be the place where you spend some of what you allocate to your household or gifts categories.
Note: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience
For more information, please read my full disclosure policy here.
But First – Are You a Prime Member?
First of all, in order to get all the great deals they offer on Prime Day, you need to be an Amazon Prime member. No membership = no luck on the sale prices.
Don’t have Amazon Prime yet? Click here to sign up for an Amazon Prime 30-day Free Trial. You’ll get-
- 30-Day Free Trial
- Free 2-Day Shipping
- Access to thousands of movies, music and books
- Early access to Lightning Deals & Prime Day deals
There are lots of other great benefits to Amazon Prime, aside from access to Prime Day. I’ve been a Prime member for years, and I love the 2-day free shipping, access to streaming music and videos and more. If you decide you don’t like it during the trial period, you can always cancel.
Check your gift lists
Need to pick up a gift for your mom later this year? Whether it’s for your mother, another family member, friends or your kids’ friends, this is a great time to get ahead for gifts. Think about the stress you’ll save later, knowing you got a present for that person, and at a great price! Check your calendar for any upcoming birthdays, weddings or babies. Could you avoid a trip to the store with a few clicks on Amazon?
This is a good time to stash some Christmas presents away. Amazon Prime Day usually has their best prices all year ahead of Black Friday. The sale price you find on Prime Day might not be around for that same item during the holiday season. When in doubt, and if you’ve got the funds, I say do it.
Is there something you’ve been eyeing?
Have you been thinking about trying out an air fryer or an Instant Pot? How about an Echo Show, or Fire TV? Do you need a few last items before you hit your annual camping trip? Now’s the time. I know I’ve been eyeing those Instant Pots, and a friend at work has had glowing reviews of their new air fryer.
My Prime Day discount predictions, based on previous years, include:
- Amazon electronics, such as Echo, Fire TV/Stick, Ring doorbell systems, and more
- Kindle readers and tablets – The Paperwhite won’t keep you up late at night, and the Kindle Fire is a great little tablet for the whole family
- Kitchen electrics, like Instant Pots and air fryers, Food Saver vacuum sealers, etc.
- Amazon Basics – this can be anything from a new set of dishes or an enameled cast iron dutch oven (love mine/totally worth it!) to batteries, to HDMI cables, and even towels
- Electronics – Beyond the Amazon brand, it’s a great time to pick up new headphones and other gear. One of the hot 2018 Prime Day deals was a flat screen TV that was FireTV enabled.
- Outdoor equipment – Past years have offered deep discounts on Traeger grills, Coleman tents, CamelBak hydration kits, paddle boards (SUP) and more.
Don’t forget to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime!